I think I spend the majority of my life waiting for something to happen, wondering if it's worth it and wishing for it all over again but with better results.
Everyone always says that "Love happens when you least expect it" and to "Stop looking for it". How exactly do you DO that? I try and I try but it seems I can't yell loud enough to make my heart hear me.
I keep saying "Dear Heart, you've got to give it a rest. Prince Charming isn't going to magically appear just because you wish upon a star." In fact, Prince Charming doesn't even exist does he. The closest thing I've seen is a self-absorbed twat-waffle with the word "Charming" tattooed to his ass and a shrine of the artist Prince adorning his bedroom wall. Not really, but could you imagine if it was true?
Today is a typical Monday. I'm glad to have a fresh start at a new week but finding it incredibly difficult to muster up an ounce of focus and discipline. So rather then absorb myself into a year backlog of construction news, I sit here... and write... about nothing... because that's the overall theme to my life :)
The other overall theme at the moment is a touch of heartache. A smidge of regret. And a sprinkle of feeling ridiculous all stirred together in a great big bowl of tears and sorrow. Makes for a fine midnight snack.
Shan - Out!
P.S. The songs on the side column will soon be removed from the Karaoke site I am a member of, so I am sharing them with the world for one last time! *sniff*
Woman...You gotta tell a girl when you're bloggin! Umm...so the other day I was listening to alicia keys and I thought of you and I went to write you about the fact that I thought of you but then my facebook didn't work and so then I forgot.
ReplyDeleteI'm not afraid to go outside...I'm afraid of a whole community that hates me...I'll tell ya about it sometime if you're intersted! Glad to see you're still singin and that you're blogging again!
xo