Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Story of Chadella

You are about to embark on the "Story of Us"....

Our story is a modern day fairytale. And when I say modern, I mean
modern. There's no casual encounter at the dog walking park; there's no friend of a friend set-up, there's no at the workplace romance. Nope - there's none of that.

I met Chad sometime back in 2009 on the wonderful world wide web! SingSnap.com to be exact. Anyone who has been in contact with me for the past few years is well aware that I have an online karaoke obsession. This entirely addictive habit has brought me the good fortune of meeting a lot of wonderful friends, a lot of which I've met 'in real life'. But never, in a zillion and one years, did I think I would find what I found in Chad.

The Beginning

Chad was in the conceptual form of a 'relationship' when we first met. His situation teetered on the complicated side and while my interest in him was instantaneous, I never felt it would amount to more than the casual glance and flirtatious conversation.

Like any virtual romance, the first time I seen him was through a camera lens. Step outside the realm of cliche when I say this, but I'm pretty sure I fell in love with his smile the first time I was blessed to receive it. As I've told him many times then - and to this day, when he smiles, it's not just his lips that react. His entire face comes to life.His eyes radiate and deliver his heart and soul to whomever is fortunate to be on the receiving end. To put it simply - he has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

That smile induced many giddy, school-girl giggles from me. I'm well aware that I tripped over my tongue where Chad was concerned and never made it any secret that I had a crush on him. I was sure he thought I was some random, googely-eyed internet wannaba-cool-girl whom he humored just because he could. That's what I thought.

I wish I could say the romance kicked off straight away and he swept me off the feet, but our fairy-tale doesn't start until much later. For now, we spent our time sharing a casual conversation, singing a random duet or sending a few sparse notes back and forth. But, for me... nothing with Chad was ever casual, random or sparse. Nothing.

To Be Continued...


2 comments: