Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm still kickin' ...

Not for lack of desire, but wow - I suck at blogging. I can't seem to find my groove in this particular endeavor. But here I am again for the ... four of you? Who know this thing exists. HA!

It's been nearly two months since I've posted and what a busy two months it has been. You met my niece Rylyn in the last post - she is still as beautiful and cute as ever! She looks mostly like my brother but you'll catch a glimpse of her mother every once and awhile. I think the next few months will be great when she begins to grow into her own person/looks.



Oh, another tiny change occurred - I am now a home owner! :) I bought my first house over in Dartmouth. It is a 3 bedroom, 3-Storey, semi-detached with a decent size lot in a nice neighbourhood. It's not a palace but considering I'm single and not anywhere near wealthy, I am pretty proud!

I had a big desire for change and while most people go on vacation or get a pet - I bought a house! I was just tired of the routine and really needed some more space. I obviously had to sacrifice some things from a financial perspective but the other major sacrifice I made was - location. I really like where I am at because I am central to all my relatives in the city and am still just a hop away from retailers and such - however, my previous location was top notch and ridiculously convenient.

But... With all considered, I think it was a really great decision. To say I've been stressed about the financial would be the understatement of the year but hopefully it will all work out just fine.


Last week my house was full of laughs and conversation. My mother, step-father and baby sis came up for a visit to meet their grand-daughter and our houses. My grandparents also visited from New Brunswick so it was a full house! An absolutely fantastic visit and while I welcomed some peace and quiet, the place now feels waaaay too empty.

Lastly - There was someone I had in my life awhile back who devastated me and broke my heart. It looked for awhile like he redeemed himself. I received a boat load of apologies and I felt he was really making a change in his life. I've always thought I was a decent judge of character but boy oh boy, was I wrong in this one. It's his life, his lies to live with but I've never regretted giving someone my heart and friendship more in my life. I've been hurt previously but I've never met someone who treated me quite that badly. It was unreal. Such is life though.. and it goes on!

I'm really quite happy :) I've got a friend coming over this weekend - so that should be good times. Not looking forward to Christmas AT ALL. I'll probably end up spending it alone but that's not something I want to get into!

Cheers Kids,
I'm Out.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment