Well my twenty-eighth year on this planet is coming to an end. I was about to comment that I have mixed feelings on this but there's absolutely no truth in that what-so-ever. While I am thankful for everyday I get on this planet, I am not looking forward to being a year older. And not just ANY year - the last year in my twenties.I've been looking at my life a lot lately and I can't help but wonder what I've been doing because it feels as though I have nothing to show for it. Which then makes me consider how society has conditioned us to believe that by certain ages, we should have certain 'thing' accomplished. Marriage, babies, houses, careers, cars, etc.,
Well I say to hell with that! I am going to judge my success in life on my personal happiness. Not on whether society agrees with the position of my existence. I have no relationship, I spend too much time online and I've yet to get my license! However, I have a decent job, some great friends, a niece/nephew on the way and I am looking into purchasing my first home!
So - I'm doing alright.
Thanks for the comments on my last entry. Approximately five people on this planet even know this thing exists. HA! My heart is healing quite wonderfully. You know the old saying "People talk" - well I've learned some other things about my ex that aren't favourable. It's a shame really because I dislike having regrets but I suppose their a part of life ... Eh?
Be good to yourself.
Shan-Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment